Montana State Legislature
Have Your Say Montana
*From February 23rd through March 2nd the request to
testify deadline has been extended to 5pm
the day before a bill hearing.
The 12pm deadline will be back in place on March 3rd.
If you have any issues/questions please call 406.444.4800.
2021 Legislative Session – How to Have Your Say Virtually!
There are new ways to participate with new remote capabilities!
- You will be able to select from the bills that are currently scheduled for hearing for the next 3 days.
- By noon* the day before the hearing, you will be able to submit your written testimony, write a brief message, or request a Zoom link to testify in the bill hearing.
- Fill out the form with the pertinent details and submit. You will receive an email confirmation.
- You do not have to testify in order to submit written comments. Written comments received by the deadline will be distributed to all committee members. However, if you request a Zoom link, we request that you write a brief message in the event of technical difficulties so that your name will be entered into the record.
- If you wish to submit written testimony after the Noon deadline please call the Information Desk at (406) 444-4800 for assistance, or submit written comments using the web form: https://leg.mt.gov/web-messaging/
- Rules of decorum must be followed and the Presiding Officer will call on you when it is your turn to speak. Follow the Zoom directions and raise your hand to let the Remote Committee Coordinator know when you want to speak. We will not assume that because you requested the Zoom link that you automatically want to testify. There may be limits placed on how many people are allowed to testify remotely on each bill.
Traditional ways of Accessing the Legislature Are Still Available!
Send messages through the website: you can send a web message to a single legislator or to a committee at anytime using a web form.
Call (406) 444-4800 and your message will be delivered to a legislator.
Attend committee hearings
The public will be allowed to attend hearings at the capitol, but because of social distancing, you may only be allowed in the room when it is your time to testify and may not be able to stay in the room. We ask that you wear a mask or face covering in the Capitol Building and in hearing rooms.
Watch or listen to committee hearings: All committee meetings will have a video-stream link and an audio-stream link so you can observe a committee meeting live or watch the archive of the hearing.
Informational Web Pages
You can set up a preference list for the bills that you are following and receive the hearing notices when the bill is schedule for hearing.