Montana State Legislature
Transition Review Committee
House Bill 29 established the Transition Review Commission to monitor the development of community-based services for individuals who have been or are at risk of being involuntarily committed to the Montana state hospital and who have a primary diagnosis of Alzheimer's disease, other forms of dementia, or traumatic brain injury.
This webpage is the official repository of commission information, including presentation aids, documents, meeting minutes, and exhibits.
The commission meets quarterly. Commission meetings are open to the public.
Future Meeting Dates:
January 17, 2024
March 11, 2024
July 15, 2024
September 13, 2024
December 13, 2024
June 13, 2025
Date: January 17, 2024
Location: State Capitol, Room 137
Agenda: – sign up for email notifications to receive an alert when materials are posted.
**All meetings are streamed and archived under the "Watch & Listen" tab of the legmt.gov site.**
Meeting Materials (October 24, 2023):
- HB 29
- DPHHS Presentation
- Montana Health Care Association
- AIM Presentation
- Meeting Minutes
Committee members are appointed in accordance with HB 29 section 6, subsection (2).
- Rep. Jennifer Carlson (chair)
- Sen. Christopher Pope (vice chair)
- Sen. Dennis Lenz
- Rep. Mary Caferro
- Heather O’Hara – Vice President, Montana Hospital Association (representative of a statewide association whose primary purpose is representing skilled nursing facilities and assisted living facilities)
- Mike Lahr – Attorney, Disability Rights Montana (representative of the state protection and advocacy system for individuals with mental illness authorized under 42 U.S.C. 10803)
- Melanie Williams – Program Director, Montana Alzheimer’s Association (representative of a statewide association whose primary purpose is representing individuals with Alzheimer's disease or other forms of dementia;)
- Ann Geiger – Executive Director, Liberty Place (representative of a statewide association whose primary purpose is representing individuals with traumatic brain injury)
- Dr. Reza Ghomi – Co-Founder, Frontier Psychiatry (physician with experience in geriatric psychiatry)
- Sara Hanson-Baiamonte – family member or guardian of an individual who is or has, within the previous 5 years, been committed to the Montana state hospital
- Mike Randol – Medicaid and Health Services Executive Director (representative of the department of public health and human services)