7-15-4283. Definitions related to tax increment financing. For purposes of 7-15-4277 through 7-15-4280 and 7-15-4282 through 7-15-4294, the following definitions apply unless otherwise provided or indicated by the context:
(1) "Actual taxable value" means the taxable value of all taxable property at any time, as calculated from the property tax record.
(2) "Base taxable value" means the actual taxable value of all taxable property within an urban renewal area or targeted economic development district as it appears on the property tax record prior to the effective date of a tax increment financing provision. This value may be adjusted as provided in 7-15-4287 or 7-15-4293.
(3) "Incremental taxable value" means the amount, if any, by which the actual taxable value at any time exceeds the base taxable value of all taxable property within an urban renewal area or targeted economic development district.
(4) "Infrastructure" means tangible facilities and assets related to water, sewer, wastewater treatment, storm water, solid waste, and utilities systems including natural gas, hydrogen, electrical and telecommunications lines, fire protection, ambulance and law enforcement, workforce housing, streets, roads, curbs, gutters, sidewalks, pedestrian malls, alleys, bridges, and other transportation needs, including but not limited to parking, park and ride facilities and services, and bus, air, and rail service.
(5) "Local government", for the purposes of a targeted economic development district, means any incorporated city or town, a county, or a city-county consolidated local government.
(6) "Secondary value-added products or commodities" means products or commodities that are manufactured, processed, produced, or created by changing the form of raw materials or intermediate products into more valuable products or commodities that are capable of being sold or traded in interstate commerce.
(7) "Secondary value-adding industry" means a business that produces secondary value-added products or commodities or a business or organization that is engaged in technology-based operations within the state that, through the employment of knowledge or labor, adds value to a product, process, or export service resulting in the creation of new wealth.
(9) "Tax increment" means the collections realized from extending the tax levies, expressed in mills, of all taxing bodies in which the urban renewal area or targeted economic development district or a part of the area or district is located against the incremental taxable value.
(11) "Taxes" means all taxes levied by a taxing body against property on an ad valorem basis.
(12) "Taxing body" means any incorporated city or town, county, city-county consolidated local government, school district, or other political subdivision or governmental unit of the state, including the state, that levies taxes against property within the urban renewal area or targeted economic development district.
(13) "Value-adding" means a project or a business that creates or increases economic opportunity in an area through investment in facilities, land, improvements, or equipment, including but not limited to manufacturing, technology, recreation, and tourism.